24/08/2015

UMEK @ Ministry of Sound - 21/08/15


UMEK is a Slovenian DJ and Techno producer I've been waiting to see live for a while now. 
Every single week, he releases his 1-hour podcast entitled "Behind the Iron Curtain" in which he mixes the best Techno from Eastern Europe. I have not missed this show once in the past year and it gets better and better every time!

UMEK is also the creator of the label 1605 (among others) which has incredible releases all year round, with usually powerful bass and a very industrial sound.

UMEK himself was great live. His build ups bring you to an incredible level of excitement which is instantly released when the bass drops and your hair is blown away by smoke cannons. I can still feel the shivers induced by the magnificent rolling bass in his tracks.


I had heard mixed reviews about Ministry of Sound, but generally I think it's the artist who makes the night good, not the venue. Sure Ministry is expensive, full of tourists and can get quite generic when you leave the main concert room, but the main highlight was this exact main concert room. It is cosy yet not too crowded, the light shows are very decent and the 360 degrees sound system is absolutely amazing.


Four of us from Motts went to this event and I for sure enjoyed myself.

I leave you with a song from UMEK performed with the Slovenian Symphonic Orchestra, revisiting one of Vivaldi's favorite season: Winter.




No comments:

Post a Comment