14/04/2015

UKF London 2015 @ Building Six


Ah UKF. An institution built on YouTube and now rocking the UK's biggest electronic music lineups.
The 2015 London event took place in Building Six, the new nightclub within the Millennium Dome. This venue is incredible to say the least. Two warehouse-like rooms, a balcony overlooking the main stage, a surround sound system which could make the foundations tremble, a vast outdoor area with a foodstand, and bars which constantly provide water glasses and drinks at a reasonable price.

As for the line-up. Wow...

Netsky (DJ Set): a disappointment coming from one of my favorite DnB artist who played a weird mini mix. Each song lasting less than 2 minutes, you barely had time to start getting into it. I recommend you see him live rather than a DJ set.

Black Sun Empire: First time I saw this monster of fast-paced DnB play live, and his execution and rhythm transitions are simply epic.

DC Breaks: A good set, with very interesting songs, I will listen to them more frequently as a result.

Foreign Beggars Live: *drooling* This is to my opinion the best hardcore hip-hop crew in the world. An amazing energy, massive bass drops, they made everyone go mad!

Maduk: I unfortunately missed this one (damn)

SKisM: Good ol' brutal dubstep, high pitched screeches, fast-paced beats, what an atmosphere!

The Prototypes: I had never seen them before and they were incredible. Can't wait to see them again in Dour Festival!

Xilent: This artist has a special place in my heart as he was the first DnB artist I've ever listened to. His style is Neurofunk Drum n Bass, and it is simply mad. The complexity of the rhythms in his music is overwhelming.



Netsky - Puppy

Xilent - Choose Me Pt. 2

Foreign Beggars & Noisia (a.k.a. I Am Legion) - Choosing For You

No comments:

Post a Comment